In February Worksafe Victoria announced that Crush Protection Devices (CPD’s will be required on quads as part of a broader quad safety program. With ATV and quad bikes accounting for 15 on-farm deaths in 2015, its a positive development in quad safety.
A recent Weekly Times article stated :
WorkSafe Victoria is tightening rules around quad bikes that will see them banned in workplaces unless appropriate rollover protection is fitted.
Farmers will be required to fit crush-protection devices to quad bikes, or all-terrain vehicles, or potentially cop fines of tens of thousands of dollars if there is a rollover causing injury or death of an employee using such a vehicle.
Wiesner’s have chosen to stock the ATV Lifeguard, it is a segmented Roll Bar that helps give crush protection on an upturned Quad and is less likely to cause injury to the rider. It is designed to hold up a Quad in excess of 350kg and can be simply mounted to the rear carrier.
The LIFEGUARD is passive, flexible and yielding, instead of hard and rigid. The segmented construction is a new concept and has the ability to deflect around a person’s body, limbs or head on impact. It cannot collapse or flatten and will support a quad off the ground and help to provide crush protection for the rider.
- Flexible Roll Bar will limit impact, but cannot collapse (it can support over 1,200kg).
- The spring in the Roll Bar will help the Quad to bounce off you rather than squashing you.
- Designed in an arc shape to deflect the weight.
- Easily possible to push a Quad off from on top you. It’s possible to wriggle out from underneath an up-turned Quad arc shape assists rolling the Quad back onto its wheels
- The weight of the ATV is spread across you, and can support up to a weight of 500kg.
- Lightweight design and arc shape allow you to roll the bike off you should you become trapped.
- Designed to mould around you in the event of a rollover.
- Segmented Roll Bar that helps give crush protection on an upturned Quad and is less likely to cause injury to the rider.
- Designed and manufactured in New Zealand.
We have ATV Lifeguards in stock and our parts team are here to help.
NSW – Quad Bike Safety Improvement System – Online Application
Victorian – Quad Bike Safety Scheme – Online Application and Download